From:
Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 07:38:58 -0800
Thanks for all the numbers!  Turns out I did know one, I had it
memorized, though it's been years since I've called them...

My other thing, Linus's mysterious low blood sugar, we got his blood
sugar and insulin test back, and it turns out he has low blood sugar and
high insulin.  So somehow the pancreas is sending out too much insulin,
even though he A) had no tumors; B) the lump of pancreas "debulked" for
biopsy came back normal; and C) the whole rest of the darn organ looked
normal during surgery.  Ugh!  So, does that mean he will develop tumors
later and I had the surgery done too early?  The upside to this
information is we can start him on proglycem (sp?) to lower insulin level
instead of messing with whether prednisone will flip his liver out.

I was hoping doing insolinoma surgery would buy him a year, at least.  I
don't know if it will now, since we didn't achieve anything in the first
place.  He hasn't had a low-blood sugar episode in over a week though and
he's not on medication yet.

Minta & Linus, vaguely annoyed