Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 15:50:06 EDT
A friend of mine who doesn't have a computer (geez, is she behind the
times!!!), asked me to ask the experts if anyone has ever had a young
ferret with allergies.  Her 5 month old kit snuffles alot when he's active
(not so much at rest she said), and sort of hack-coughs like there's
something in his throat.  This doesn't happen all the time, just when he's
very active, and it's been going on since he was about 11 weeks old.

He's been to the vet two or three times to have his lungs listened to but
the vet says they're clear.  Twice he's coughed up a tiny amount of white
goo (she said it looked a little like white snot, how lovely).  He also
sometimes has slightly weepy eyes but no gooy discharge.  He has been
vaccinated against distemper-- my first concern!!!!

Other than the snuffling and hacking (which she said happens less often
than the snuffling) there appears to be nothing wrong with him.  He's fat,
growing, playful and exhibits all the ususal nutty behavior of any young
ferret.

I've never heard of this.  Anyone have any ideas?  Please e-mail me at

Jeanne