From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 1997 13:43:25 +0000
Hi Ya'll,
I would like to thank all those who have sent me birthday wishes!  It makes
a solitary birthday wonderful.  And thank you Georgia, for the nice posting!
Tell Burnie and Hollister that I will be up this summer.

I forgot to include one thing about my guys yesterday, I pick their names out
carefully from a book.  They all have a meaning and match the personalities
of the ferret.  OR they picked out the name.  I only have 3 that I personally
didn't name and that will be included when I talk about them.

BTW, all of my guys know their names, including Pookie.  And they almost all
have nicknames that they answer to also.  And in a group, one will look up
when I call out their name.  And they learned this without me sticking to
only one name.  Just like they know that "Good S**t" means duck soup, and
now don't laugh, "Yoodie Hoo" means they get to come out of their room.

Now for the other women:
Miss Myrna Loy: She is a chunky little sable girl who I bought/rescued from
someone keeping her outside in the Houston summer.  She didn't answer to her
name so I picked out several for her, when I said Myrna Loy for the first
time she turned around and looked at me.  She is the champion ear cleaner in
the house, often climbing on my high back chair just to clean my ears.  She
naws, she chews and I swear one of these days she will give me a new
piercing.  She follows me around and chews lightly on my feet until I pick
her up.

Miss Delilah: She is a cute little woman who loves to climb and dance and
chatter.  When she wants to be held, she comes up to me and grabs my hand
when I put it down for her.  She is always busy, checks everything out but
stays out of trouble!!!  She is smart and very gentle with me, knowing I
ain't as tough a broad as she is.

Miss Sadie: She traveled all over the state of Texas before living with me.
She is a shelter kid.  She is the second runner up in the ear cleaning
contest and will lick the phone when I talk with her shelter mom.  I got her
as a friend for Miss Esmerelda and from day one they have paired off.  She
also checks on me every hour or so to see if I am ok.  And she beats on the
boys and keeps them in check for me.

As for nicknames:
Miss Stella: aka Mon Petite Furet
Miss Pookie: Pooksters, Idiot Child, Pooker
Miss Sadie: Saders
Miss Delilah: DeDe
Miss Myrna: only likes Myrna Loy

And yes, I call all my women Miss.  Even when I call out their proper names.
They are all very regal and independent and deserve the respect.  The men on
the other hand....well, you know.  Same as human males.  ;-)

Maggie Mae and Her Mysterious Mizzou Mustelid Mob