From:
James Beasey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 1995 20:26:47 +0000
Crowley Cabal asked: "Does anyone have a ferret that actually enjoys
swimming in water too deep to stand in?" Some have asked: "Is there
any way to bathe my ferret with ease?" Answer to both: "Surely!"

                     BZ's Ferret Pool/Bath Recipe:
Ingredients:

 1 Tub  (Full of warm water)
 1 Bottle of J&J Baby Shampoo  (The "no tears" type)
 1 Lysis  (Generic brand ferrets can be added with similar results)
30 Towels (More/Less may be necessary depending on quality of ferrets used)

Directions:
Drop about 2 capfulls of Shampoo in tub while water fills.  Allow foam to
build, and then dissipate a bit.  Water should be warm to the touch, and
have that "Calgon" texture :).  Gently add ferret(s).  Allow to mix
NATURALLY with water for a few minutes.  **DO NOT use blenders or leave
unattended** After mixing is complete (easy to tell because ferret activity
is markedly slower), liberally apply shampoo directly to ferret.  Knead to
improve sudsing action, and add ferret once more to water.  While ferret
writhes in ecstacy of the experience, use kneading action again to remove
residual suds.  Allow mixing to continue until all ferret actions point to
"I'M TIRED." Bring ferret from tub to towels (previously dropped on clean
floor) to allow self-drying technique to begin.  The remaining water can be
drained away, and the remaining product is a happy, clean, tired ferret that
will give many kisses before taking a long nap.  Enjoy!

Notes: Use caution with depth of water.  Lysis absolutely loves to take a
bath WITH me.  Yep, gotta watch those claws.  Don't let your ferret get so
tired that he hurts himself, or begins to have water go down the ear canals.
I suspect that this would cause problems to the ear ...  and if the head is
that low, then the nose has probably dipped beneath the water level too :).
Feel free to add/delete to this recipe, and disperse at will.

BZ