From:
"David J. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 16:13:16 -0400
I hate to see someone suffering a lack of response, but I'm really not
qualified to answer.  However, opinions are cheap so here's a few
unqualified ones...

>I am sooooo clueless about my Elrond and I would be so grateful for any
>help.  He is all white with a light sprinkle of black on his rear end and
>his eyes look black but they are really a blue/red.  Is he albino or
>black-eyed white??

We have a red eyed white, sometimes referred to as albino, and the eyse are
a definite pink/red.  We also have a "grey" male who has black eyes and
nose, is mostly white hair but has a few black hairs mixed in down his back
and top of his head.  Your sounds like it might be a black eyed white as
opposed to a red eyed white.  We call ours "the great grey whale" and don't
worry too much about what his official designation might be ;)

>Also, he has stains on his teeth (permanent) that he was born with.  Why??

No idea..

>One last thing, he is completely tail-less.  Did his mom chew it off?  Was
>he born that way?  Please Help!!  No idea..

>By the way, Two of my ferrets, Raistlin and Mordred, came with tattoos on
>their ears.  I was told they were because they were descented and neutered.

... and there's a high probability that they came from Marshall farms like
four of ours. Marshall farms uses the tattoos so they know which ones have
been altered. However, I seem to recall some earlier posts about other
breeders occasionally using tattoos, so nothing is certain.

>Melanie- my Raistlin gets hiccups about once a week.  Usually after playing

So do ours from time to time.  One of them after getting into the foam at
the bottom of my Guiness glass the other night ;)

Maybe someone else will offer some opinions. Anyway, please don't feel too
ignored. I think most of us don't like to answer a post unless we feel
confident about our information.