From:
Ellen Kaplan Goffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 18:03:36 -0600
Maria, I read about your problem.  I don't think your little ferret forgets
where the litter box is.  She knows, but she doesn't want to use it all the
time.

Is it a very small litter box, like one of those triangular corner ones?
Some of those are very small and some ferrets prefer a slightly larger one.

Also, since your cage is two story I definitely recommend a litter box on
each floor.  You shouldn't have to be cleaning it three times a day.  Once a
day should be fine.

I have two litter boxes for my three guys.  One is a small triangular one in
one cage and the other is a rectangular kitten sized litter box in the other
cages.  The cages are connected with an "el" tube so they can go back and
forth.  Even with three ferrets and two boxes I only clean them out once a
day.  And they NEVER make a mistake in the cages.

Ellen & Jay Goffin <[log in to unmask]>
-----ferrets: Antony (Grandpa Tony), Lexie & Babe; rb ferret: Cleo
----------bird: Merlin; rb bird: Arthur
---------------cats: Andre & Enzo