From:
Leslie Giles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 08:53:53 -0700
Thanks to all who contributed suggestions for the "bobbing for raisins"
game.  I put a tupperware filled with water in the tub and then plopped
some raisin halfs into it while the ferrets were watching.  I almost gave
up as they didn't seem to "get it."  But then, my Bandit turned into a
snorkling king and had a blast.  Phantom took several sessions to finally
catch on, but now he can do it too....as long as Bandit isn't being a
stingy, greedy boy.  I think I had more fun than the ferts!

On the subject of mince.  I lived in England for a time and it is correct
that mince refers to ground hamburger.  However, mincemeat pie is a
different animal.  Although traditional recipes do put some meat in the pie,
I would never know it by taste.  It is basically a fruit and brandy
concoction--sweet, not savory.  Cooked hamburger in a pastry shell is more
equated to Shepard's pie where they put mashed potatoes on top...ummm.  I
sure wish I could get my fuzzballs to enjoy more types of food, sigh....they
just stick with their kibble and occasional fruit treats.

Happy dooking,

Leslie
Bandit, and Phantom...the amazing snorkling carpet sharks!