From:
"Lange, Sandra SJ" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:13:00 +1000
Hi folks.  Oscar is 8 months old, and I have only had him for about 4
weeks.  I had him neutered after 1 week.

He has a reputation amongst my friends, and housemate, and me, of biting
people's noses and chins.  He does this with a definite lunge towards
your face.  I think it is all playfullness, but it is not acceptable -
his bites hurt, and a 3.5lb (1.6kg) ferret can be rather intimidating.

All I can do at the moment is growl, hiss, and if my hands are in the
right place, I can scruff him (but being a ferret, he weasels his way out
of my hasty grip, and wants to play more).

Basically, what I am after is reassurance that eventually, with continual
discouragement, he will grow out of this behaviour.  Clover grew up into
a real sweety, and only bites if riled up for play.  Princess improved
dramatically over time, and even though I play with her differently, we
know how to get along well with each other..

He has another bad habit that I expect I will have to live with - He
bites bare feet.  Some mornings I am required to stand onto the bed in
order to get dressed in peace. :-)

Sandra, Clover, Princess, Oscar and Gemma-the-cat