From:
"Hudson, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 13:18:57 -0500
Thanks for the responses about my move to DE and offers of vets and such.
Now comes the interesting part.

To prepare everyone for the move and get everybody accustomed to living
with fuzzies, I have let my boyfriend keep my two little girls until we
move.  He has a young daughter and son, I wanted them adapt to having pets
and the such.  Anyway, my girls have always been nap mates, so they seemed
to be the very logical pair to send down (not to mention I could not stand
to be away from my boys).  Both of those girls are shelter/rescue adoptees
who have lived in the group cage (5 fuzzies).  They were always perfect
little ladies, extremely gentle, very accurate with the litter box.  But
in the two weeks they have been living in DE, they have undergone complete
personality changes.  They never (and I mean NEVER) hit the litter pan.
I've tried every corner, and even added a second for good measure, they
will go anywhere but in the pan.  Now both of these pans have been used in
their cage before.  Plus they have both gotten a bit more aggressive, not
nasty or anything, but just not quite as sweet and gentle.

My only guess is that being away from the 'influence' of the boys, they've
turned rotten!  I know that my male siamese is the alpha ferret of the
group.  They are happy and playful, eating extremely well, etc.  But,
they've just developed slightly different personality and hygiene habits!!!

Any suggestions?  I thought of bringing them back to the group immediately,
but the two kids broke out in tears.  With only two tiny girls in the cage,
we are cleaning it twice a day!  Not just scooping pans, but actually
taking everything out and cleaning!  My 3 big boys only require a daily
scooping!  Thanks for any advice!

Jen and the Moving Gang