From:
purple cow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 11:50:07 -0500
Thanks again to everyone who responded to my question about storing gravy
in plastic containers and of course I have another question.  Every week
when I clean my ferret's cage I try and change what toys he has in there
and hide little treats for him to help keep his mind stimulated and give
him something to do when he has to be caged.  But I seem to be running out
of ideas.  He turns his nose up at store bought toys and it's hard to think
of enough homemade ones to keep him interested.  So, I was wondering what
all of you do to keep your ferrets interested during their cage time.  What
toys do you give them that are safe while unsupervised?  How do you set up
their cage so that it's not always the same?  We give our little boy as
much out time as possible but I still worry about him being bored while
we're at work.  By the way, I wanted to thank whoever it was that posted
the idea of putting rice in a sealed paper towel tube.  Our little boy
loves being chased by the "snake."  Thanks for any suggestions you might
have to help keep our boy happy.

Liz