From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 15:26:40 -0400
The most fun in my "job" for Support Our Shelters definitely comes from
opening the mail.  In fact, in this day of email over snail mail, SOS
gets almost all the mail in this house that is not either a bill or junk.

Sharon Bearden's Kouri Fan Club and Judy Cooke's card exchange already
added many cute and silly and touching notes and cards to my life.  Now
Joanne Ruffner's Buck-a-Month Club has given me almost daily
"Awwwwwwwwwww"s and chuckles.  Eric is jealous :)

Today I received a letter from Valerie Wahoski containing the checks sent
to her for the starch peanut raffle.  Because she learned that her own
ferret has adrenal disease just two weeks after the raffle began, she
requested that the $105 she raised go to help pay for adrenal surgery for
a needy ferret.  She also asked that we tell the recipient what generous
people there are out there.  She is so right.  I see it almost every day.
And I want to tell all of you that, too.  There are more kind and giving
people in the world than you would ever know from hearing the news every
day.

SOS also received a surprise $200 donation today from Fancy Publications,
publishers of _Ferrets Magazine_.  No explanation; just the check.  I
think we owe thanks to the generous members of the FML for that also.
If it were not for the way you have trusted us to administer your giving
to the shelters, I doubt that our 501(c)3 status would be enough to
legitimize us in their eyes.

We really can't thank you enough.  Ferret people are the best people.

Judith, Georgia, Ela, Sharon, Lisa, Judy and Ron
--
* * * Support Our Shelters * * *
       1236 Belfield Avenue

http://www.SupportOurShelters.org