From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:10:23 EST
Nancy that was good thinking to look at something that possible might not
be "missing" or so much as "differently arranged", but something that is
"new" or "added".  I have written both Purina and Meow Mix to ask what
the ingredients were twenty or more years ago.  They have responded very
helpfully and said they would try their best to look it up for me.  I
just thought it would be fun and interesting, ya know?

Back to your topic of a new or added ingredient to today's cat foods.
That is a thought provoking theory you came up with.  We all know that
the tiny creatures on this earth are great indicators of what is going on
in the environment.  The sea otters have had a devastating year this year
... great losses.  It's really sad.  Discover magazine ran an article
about the findings on this odd population decrease and all the sea otter
deaths.  Do you know what they found?  Toxoplasmosis.  In otters!  Now
this disease may not be so harmful to us, and it doesn't affect many
animals.  But it kills otters.  What is scary about this, is how theses
sea otters all of the sudden are getting a disease from cats from the
inland.  The answer may lead to excess cat liter and spillage.  We all
know that there is an overpopulation of many pets.  The years of piled up
feces, liters, etc, possibly is now running off into the water tables and
into the sea.  These poor otters are the "mine canaries" of today.  They
are indicators of a growing and very great problem.

Wolfy

Wolfy's site has MOVED to:
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com/