Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:50:42 -0400
Hi everyone: I made an appt with another vet.  I wasn't sure if he was a
good ferret vet but I had to travel 40 miles and someone said he was good
with "exotics"(animals I guess).  I called the office and they said that
they have operated on a lot of ferrets so at least they had experience.I
took angels xrays with us.  The vet was a very nice woman from Shore Vets
in Seaville,NJ.  I didn't even catch her name , I was so worried.

She began to palpate Angels stomach and intestines.  At first she said she
didn't feel anything, then she said OH maybe this is it.  She was really
feeling Angel hard to see if she could locate something.  All of a sudden,
Angel jumped out of her hands and she figured she had found the spot.  She
wanted another xray to see if it had moved.  After the xray, I put Angel
back in her carry all so she could sleep.  We had to wait over 20 minutes
for them to dry and be checked.  The technition came back and said the xray
was too dark and they needed to do it again.  I got Angel out and handed
her to the woman.  Something caught my eye and I moved the towel Angel was
laying on and there was a miracle.  Slimmy brown mucasy poop.  I quick
called the DR back and she examined it.  There, covered with blood and
mucas was a rubber stopper from a dryer door, the thing inside to keep the
door from slamming too hard.  The vet must have dislodged it with the
examination and Angel was able to move it due to all the mucas that had
built up behind it.  I was so happy.

They gave Angel antibiotics to fight infection in the bowel, just in case
and a watter shot under her skin and some nutra-cal.  She even took some
water from my hand almost immediatly after.  She is doing fine.  She is
almost her old self again, scratching to get out of her cage, giving me
kisses when I take her out then wanting to run off and get into trouble.
Her sister ferret, sukie, is also happy to see her getting better.

I received soooo many EMails today, to help me and support me.  I know it
was everyones prayers and thoughts and good advise that made this happen.
I almost listened to the first Vet and did nothing else.

The vet estimate for the surgery was $389.  I'm not sure where I was going
to get that much but I would have managed.  Now I don't have to worry about
it.  I thank you and so does Angel, Sharon