From:
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:24:27 -0500
Ferrets seem to muddle around, not smiling (they don't have the muscles
that make a smile happen) and seem to just be curious about things in
their immediate focus.  Yet I know different, they anticipate some
actions in their future environment as do most intelligent animals.

I n the morning, one fert (Byte-me) anticipates my getting up by coming
to visit me in bed.  She will walk up my body one end to the other and
not miss bobbing her nose off my face.  She will wait patientely laying
down somewhere on the bed covers for me to get up then will war dance all
the way to the kitchen where I get coffee.

Kodo will wait until I start a fire in the fire place by getting there
FIRST.  He knows where I am going to go and beats me there.  He also gets
into the wood box every time just moments before I do.  He also gets to
my articles of clothes as I get dressed, going to the first thing I put
on moments before I go for it, one at a time.  Each article is in a
different place and he is there on that specific piece before I go for
it.  They know the order of battle in the morning and always beat me to
the 'grab'.  Just amazes me how they remember and do what they do.

Gordon, Byte-me, Nibble-ed, and Kodo