From:
Jennifer Lapierre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 11:46:32 -0400
Has anyone developed a rash who owns ferrets?  I am NOT allergic to fur, but
developed a strange rash two months after my boyfriend and I acquired a
second ferret, Poofer, in January.  Until her arrival, our first ferret,
Buddy,didn't scratch.  I noticed she scratched a lot and then he started to
also.  They still scratch themselves a lot, but they don't have fleas, we
don't overbathe them, and they get oil/butter for their coats and skin.  Do
ferrets get mites or something too small to see w/out a microscope?

Since March -- 5 months now -- I (but NOT my boyfriend) have been getting an
annoying rash on my neck, chest, inner arms and occasionally on my calves.
It is red, extremely itchy, feels like dry skin, and if there are raised
bumps, they are very small.  I have seen three doctors (one a dermatologist)
and three RN's and no one can figure this out.  "I've never seen anything
like this" is not what I want to hear!

I have not done anything "different" like change soaps, detergents, etc.  I
wake myself up at night scratching.  I am starting to get irritable and I'm
at the very end of my fraying rope.  If anyone has ANYideas/advice, please
email me.  Thank you in advance.

Scratch scratch scratch...Jenn