Date:
Mon, 24 May 2010 18:41:51 -0700
We had Sprout up to 2 lbs 2.8 ounces but he started to get a little
picky on eating and is down to 2 lbs 1.8 ounces. He'll still eat but
he doesn't want as much as we are trying to feed him. 30 mls of pureed
chicken (Chicken pureed with chicken broth). We mix the 30 mls of
chicken with 30 mls of water and heat for 12 seconds. He gets to the
last 10 mls or so and then wants to stop. We tried to drop the above
amounts to 22 or so mls of each and still has problems toward the end
of it.

Today about an hour after eating he vomited about 1 - 2 mls of the
chicken and had a 0.3 ml diarrhea at the same time.

Sprout does better for a few days then does poorly for a few days and
has been going through that cycle for a few weeks now.

We will keep feeding him and see if he comes out of this poor cycle. I
may try switching from pureed chicken to chicken baby food and see if
he perks up. It worked last time.

Just grasping at straws here but is it possible that he has lymphoma
and not ECE or maybe both? I understand that with Lymphoma ferrets
improve for a few months when they start on pred then get worse and
he's been on pred for a few months.

Bottom line is he had the small amount of vomiting today, he's lost an
ounce of weight, he doesn't look like he feels very well (been like
that for a while now) and is a little more finicky on eating (still
eating but makes it a bit more of a challenge to feed him).

Its probably true that he will eventually pull through all of this
but it is tough watching him through these ups and downs.

Thanks

Mike