Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:47:45 -0500
Hi all dis is SaraFerret. Its been really busy at de Bridge lately.
Super busy. Seems some peoples have been feeding lousy ferret foods or
someting to dere ferrets and deys been dropping likes flies. SIGH! Well
anyways back to busyness. I has been greeting ferrets regularly here
but somehow forgots to send de messages to my human. OOPS! And den !

I remembers one day I saw a dark eyed white elderly ferret beginning
to trot across de bridge very slowly. Finally she made it. I greeted
her and introduced myself to her and welcomed her to the Rainbow
Bridge. She looked at me and said dat her name was Snow and dat
she had belonged first to Mommy Lori and den had gone to Winchester
Weezils--Sue and Dave where dey had bunches of fuzzies and she had lots
of funs dere and lots of food and loveys and kisseys and a special
friend--Cinnamon. She seemed to know my name already and was not
unhappy dat she was here. She had a backpack of tiny toys and seemed a
bit hesitant about showing dem until I told her I was just nosey as all
ferrets are--I wasnt gonna take dem. Den she was proud to show dem. We
chatted a bit about wings, maybe a special color. Hmmm, she thought and
thought. And then to her surprize, a couple of friends came over from
WW--she thought just maybe she might remember from her past--maybe her
memory has faded a bit. But they seemed to know her a bit. Then she
perked up and decided blue with black stripes would be perfect. So off
we went to the wing house. There on the counter was the big box. She
walked over to the counter and opened it. She picked up the wings and
together all of us helped her on with the wings and she went over to
the mirror and there in the reflection she beheld herself as in the
days of her youth as the beautiful DEW she once was only this time with
wings: now she was fluffy and pain-free. We turned to walk down to the
misting pond and sat down beside it. We swished the waters and we
looked down and she looked down at all who had been so good to her and
knew dat one day dey would be reunited forever. She sends her loveys
and hugs to all.

Another day, A darling little McKay ferret came across de bridge. Poor
guy was half blind and dragged his butt sorta like one of my business
did when he passed. I had to run and help dis little guy. He looked up
at me kinda sad-like. I introduced myself to him and he even seemed to
know me also. I guess people have been telling dere little fuzzies in
advance where dey are going and who dey are gonna meet so dey arent so
scared when dey pass. He told me his name was Skippy and dat he had
been in a not-so-nice place before, but dat some really nice people
had taken him in and loved him until it just got too much and dey had
to let him go.

De minute he introduced hisself to me, a miracle happened (not so
unusual here). He found he could use his back legs--they were no
longer paralyzed, his left eye worked, and he began to run around and
danced and whirled around and for a brief period of time both Skippy
and I engaged in one of de wildest wardances ever seen until we both
collapsed. Wowsie! I hasnt done dat in ages! Den we gots down to
business. We chatted about wings. About den Snow came over and dey
talked a bit, so we all decided to go over to de Wing House, and see
what was on de counter. Yep you guessed it. On de counter was de usual
big box. Skippy tugged on de string. WHOSE IDEA was DE STRING? De box
finally opened and de wings were taken out. Golden wings with race
cars. Perfect for a ferret who had never had a chance to run and
play. Race cars? Seems Skippy liked race cars--who knew? Golden halo
completed the outfit. He was so excited he ran and looked in de mirror.
Oh wow! He just was so excited. He just turned and looked at himself.
For de first time, he could see himself move like a normal ferret. As
we left, a group of WW ferrets were dere to greet him and we walked
down de path to his new cottage. But first both of dem stop and threw
kisses in dere Mommy and Daddy's direction to a shooting star which
should reach you about now and when you feel the soft musky smell of
your two dear loved fuzzies you will know dey were with you.

Dooks

SaraFerret