From:
Juliana Quadrozzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 01:26:17 -0500
I'm sending this out to the rescue list, a list of individuals, & the FML,
so I apologize if any of you received more than 1 copy.  I wanted to hit as
many people, as quickly as possible.

Dear All Knowing Ferret Friends,

WHEELS

I just had a foundling turned into me that seems to have some kind of
mobility problem.  By the look of his teeth, his body tone, & his beautiful
luxurious coat, he appears to only be about a year old.  And he's an
absolute sweetheart.  He wasn't walking w/his back legs at all initially &
was given a cortisone shot which did seem to help w/the mobility.  His
walks pretty well w/assistance, but his body doesn't seem to be receiving
the necessary signals from his brain.  He tries so hard to wardance, but
twists & stiffens kind of like someone w/cerebral palsy who know what he
wants to do but doesn't have control of his muscles.

He seem perfectly normal except for his strange contortions.  He doesn't
seem to be in any pain, eats very well, & has perfect 'output'.  His x-ray
didn't show any kind of spinal or cranial trauma, although that's what the
vet (not my vet) thinks the problem is.  There were no outward signs of any
trauma at all, no abrasions, punctures, or bruises.  He's going to see my
vet this weekend.

I'm interested in one of those little carts for him.  I've seen them used
for Doxies, which are basically the same shape as these little guys.  Have
any of you ever used one?  Do you know the company that produces them?  Do
they make them small enough for these little guys?  Might you know where I
can get one used?  Any idea of what they cost?

Being supported unencumbered will allow him to work his legs more.  I think
that this will afford him the best opportunity for a full recovery.  Plus
Pauley <grin> does like to get around.  So even if he doesn't fully
recover, I'd like to see him have the best quality of life he possibly can.

My best wishes for those who have had loved ones cross Rainbow Bridge & for
all of you who unselfishly open your heart & your home to fuzzies who have
no one else.

Juliana
FERRET BUSINESS of GA
foster care/adoption/information