From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2008 21:07:13 -0400
Since BART! had a reaction to the distemper vac., he is "unprotected",
unless he gained some immunity from the one vaccination he did recieve.
Anyway, my question: is distemper transmittable from inanimate objects
(fomites), if so, how long is the virus viable on a fomite? Or is it
only transmitted by direct contact with an infected animal? I am pretty
sure that the rabies virus does not survive outside the host and must
be transmitted via contact with moist body fluid, i.e. saliva or CSF.
Anyone know the correct info?

Lesley