From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 11:09:49 -0500
Chuckee-Chase-Her left to watch over all two leggers and Ferrets on December
30, 1995.  He was the Founder of Ferret Friends of Indian River County
Shelter.

A new leader for the shelter had to be choosen so a contest was held on
January 15, 1996.  No female ferrets were participating in the contest as
Sweet Samantha (a female) is the founder of Ferret Friends of Indian River
County International (post only held by a female ferret).

Since Chuckee was the best dancer it was decided a dancing contest would be
the best way to choose the new shelter leader.

Vieing for the title were:  L.K. (Loving Kindness) a 3 yr old silver tip.
Randy Skins - a 4 year old chocolate, and Jerry Jeremiah - 2 year old Albino

L.K. started out with the WATUSI.  Out of a possible 10, L.K.  received and
8.  While doing the Watusi he mis-judged the length of the stage and crashed
into one of the judges (Sweet Sam) rendering her unconcious.

Randy Skins was the next entry - doing the JERK.  Out of a possible 10,
Randy received 7 points.  His 3 point penalty happened when during his
performace Rancy "JERKED" right into a wall, crashed to the floor and tried
a recovery by flinging himself to the curtains for a spectular recovery
(which unfortunately did not happen).

Next came Jerry Jeremiah performing the HIP-HOP.  Jerry's score was a 6.
While performing his Hip-Hop dance he not only stopped to scratch but
decided to take nap (this brought dook, dooks from the judges).

The final event "Line Dancing" had to be cancelled as it became evident that
none of the participant had been practicing.

An extra point was given to L.K. (loving Kindness) for a perfect piouette
done just before he crashed in to Sweet Sam.

The new Head Shelter Ferret with a total of 8 out of 10 points is:  L.K.
(Loving Kindness).

After winning L.K. gave a short chortled speech.

"It will be difficult to follow in Chuckee-Chase-Her's dance steps.  But I
shall do my best.  I will petition for more dancing time, SafRaisin Oil, and
new and better music (minus the mommy's singing).  I shall do my upmost to
teach each new ferret who arrives at out shelter the art of Love, Kissy
Face, and above all - how to dance, - we all "GOTTA DANCE"

L.K.
Head Shelter Ferret
Ferret Friends of Indian River County Shelter