From:
Nicole Fortune <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 10:51:21 -0400
Thanks again to everyone who had responded.

Well, we did find a treat that Trapper just loves.  He prowls up on us,
grabs the treat, runs and hides.  But it is progress because atleast he
now dares to approach us, even if it is just for a second.

We decided, because he always runs and hides, to block all of his favorite
hiding places so he can't get to them anymore.  What an effect.  He now, as
long as we ignore him, will hang around in whatever room we are in.  For
example, if we go upstairs to our bedroom, he will come up in there and
hang out.  However, the minute we try to play or pay attention to him, he
runs away and jumps into his cage.  Eventually, he will sneak back up there
with us, but every time we even look at him he runs to the cage again.
But, he does seem to like to be where we are.  BUT, last night was a big
night for Trapper.  He came up to our bedroom and started jumping all over
the place, like he wanted to play.  So we tried, but he ran and hid behind
the TV in our room.  Then not 2 seconds later he came out jumping all over
the place again.  So we tried again, and he went behind the TV again.  So
the next time, we just sat there and watched him.  He jumped, and barked
and rolled on our floor for a good 5 minutes.  Then Sidney walked across
the room and to her suprise he jumped her and then those cuties took off
playing all over the house for about an hour before they went back to
sleep.

We were suprised and very pleased.  We are hoping he keeps up the fun
stuff.

We will certainly let you know.
Nicole and Mike