From:
Steven Woodcock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 1994 10:47:56 -0700
> Anyhow, regarding albinos.  I have had two.  Both of them have
> been males.  The only difference that I have noticed in my boys
> was a bit of, well, to put it delicately, I have found that
> they tend to be a bit less smart than the sables, etc.  This
> could be a coincidence, of course.  I have only had two of
> them.  But they were both pretty mellow, and it took a lot to
> get them to chuckle and jump.  But they were actually the
> healthiest and largest of my fuzzies.  I have known a couple of
> albino females and they were very nice tempered and pretty
> healthy.  I think you made an excellent choice.  I adore albino
> ferrets!  My dream is to have six or so of just albinos!
> Hehehehe.

   Our albino, Puck, is the largest and probably the healthiest of the bunch.
This is very reassuring, since all of the literature had implied that albinos
had various health problems and generally didn't live as long.  Our vet has
said that Puck is far and away the healthiest albino of any species he's
seen, so we're either doing something very right or we're very lucky.

   Just our two cent's worth.

> I would also like to find out if anyone out there knows where I
> can get a toy stuffed ferret. My nephew loves our sable, but he
> is only 4 years old and his mother says no way, no ferrets, too
> young. I would love to give him a stuffed toy ferret so he can
> have one too. If someone makes these or has a pattern for one, I
> would love to have it. (Of course, I'll pay!!)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Melanee, Bill, Bosley, and BooBoo

  Try any of the Nature's Wonders stores.  Here in the Colorado Springs
area there are two, and they've got a couple of excellent stuffed black
footed ferret toys.  They're in two sizes, and run $20 and $35 if I
remember correctly.

Steven and Colleen
Continually Matching Wits with Missy, Newone, Zebulon Pike,
                               Minx, Slinky, Puck, and Ripple