From:
"Downey, Susan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 09:27:41 -0600
Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help me.  A month or 2 back someone posted a web
address with pictures of a ferret with some disease which made it huge.
I cannot remember the disease or the name of the ferret.  They had put up
the web page so someone else (like me) could be aware of what was happening
with their ferret.  If you are the person who posted this information
please pass it on to me.  Or if you remember this web page / post please
forward it to me.

Elbert is gaining weight daily it seems.  I wrote last week asking about
a diet and was told exercise was a better solution.  For a while there he
would go up and down the stairs with our urging.  Now he is having trouble
getting up the stairs.  It is just so sad.  I think he is more than just
fat because of the rate he is slowing down.  He still eats and poops ok.
It is just so hard for him to get around.  He gets tired walking.  And it
seems he is having difficulty breathing.

I have been in constant contact with my vet.  We tried a diuretic for a
while, it did not work.  We tried Prednasone, it did not work.  Right now
he is on something incase the fluid around his heart is an infection.  It
is just his constantly growing size that is ringing bells with that web
page.  And I am quite worried about his breathing.

If anyone remembers this web page, please please send it to me

Susan and her ever growing Elbert