From:
Laura Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:00:23 EDT
I wanted to thank everyone for their vet referrals for the Northern
Virginia area.  I was suprised to see how many recommendations there were
for Dr. Weiss, irrespective of the drive one might have to undertake to get
there.  I think I may be taking my gang there for anything more complicated
than shots.  Lord help me on the Beltway.  ;-) (those of you from the area
know what I mean)

I also wanted to thank Mike Janke for his advice and encourage people to
follow his lead if they find themselves in an emergency situation and the
vet's office is hesitant to give you an appointment.  The ferret I was
worried about was acting relatively normal, still eating, drinking, etc.
If he hadn't been doing those things I would have been at the emergency
clinic post-haste.  Frankly I'm still very very irked at my current vet
practice.  I've brought three iguanas, seven ferrets, two dogs and a cat to
the practice.  Amongst that menagerie, I've had an insulinoma surgery, an
abdominal exploratory, an iguana spay, teeth cleanings and almost a month's
worth of stays in the hospital (including a week with a critically ill
ferret) , not mention all the exams and office visits.  I had them put
three of my animals down when it was their time.  I've referred a friend to
the practice as well.  It disheartens me to see how poorly a good client
gets treated there now.  But aside from that, I'm very glad that there's a
forum that one can get referrals for a good ferret vet instead of having to
play roulette with the phone book.

Take care all,

Laura Ellis