From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:56:45 -0400
I'm just thowing an idea out to get opinions, testing the water you might
say.  A friend of mine who owns a laser engraving business mentioned an
idea to me.  He asked if I might be interested in working with him to try
to market some of his products to the pet community in general, ferret
community too.  He basically has a machine that can take any image, home
photos, etc., and etch it into any solid surface, in color if desired.
It's basically photo quality.  Right now he is doing a lot with grave
markers for pets done in granite or marble.  People can actually get a
small marker with an actual picture of their pet and the dates if
desired.  I'm not trying to sell anything right now.  I just wondered if
this would be something that would appeal to people.  I know it is tough
to find ferret images, or at least more rare than cats and dogs, but the
laser imaging is a bit pricey.  If there would be an interest, I might
try to set up some sort of wholesale deal with ferret shelters.  I know a
lot of shelters do sell items to help support their shelter.

What do you think?  Would there even be a market for such a thing?  I
appreciate any opinions on the subject.

Thanks,
Holly,
Tigger & Pooh