From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:55:06 -0500
My issue #33 of Modern Ferret arrived today, and I was pleased to find
a photo of my littlest ferret, Farina, telling a secret to my dog, Erik
(page 24), in an interview with Richard Bach that I'm looking forward to
reading!

The photos in the article are stylized so it's hard to see the details,
but Farina is straining to get her nose into Erik's ear, and has her
little back feet dug into Erik's side as he is lying on his bed.  Farina
is hard to see, but it's a good picture of Erik.

Coincidentally, Erik's Championship Certificate from the AKC arrived in
the same batch of mail. :)  He earned his final points for championship
status last month.  (You would be correct if you thought this was a
sneaky way to get in a brag about my dog - but it's also the truth, I
swear!!!)

While I'm on the subject, I have to take a moment to tell you how good
Erik is with "his" ferrets.  One would think that a 100-pound Rhodesian
Ridgeback, bred to be fearless and tenacious enough to hunt lions, would
be a little hard on ferrets.  But he has been with them since he was 9
weeks old, so he has grown up to love them and accept them as family
members (which was the idea with getting a young puppy).  It did take a
while to teach him not to snap at the ferrets when they get into his food
dish (he's very jealous of his food).  But he has learned to back away
from his dish if a ferret comes near while he's eating, and even lets
them steal his food - whether I'm standing guard or not.

If anyone would like a color version of the Modern Ferret photo of Farina
and Erik, I will happily email it to you (email me privately).

Nancy and critters