From:
Amy and Dave Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:53:31 -0800
I have no intention of making this some kind of long, rambling message
about how wonderful my ferret was like I've done with others past.  I
simply want to get something off my chest.

Sidney, a DEW who began life with a black stripe down his back, left me
for the Rainbow Bridge about 3:30 a.m.  Currently it's going on 5 a.m.
so please forgive typos; I've have no sleep.

Sidney was from a litter of Pam Troutman's.  He was born deaf and had a
congenital problem that didn't allow him to open his mouth all the way.
But he was my one and only lap ferret.  When he was younger he used to
stand on the couch and stare me down so he could lay down.  In his later
years he wasn't as interested in sleeping with me, especially after human
children arrived.  But he was by nature sweet and totally laid-back.

I am racked with guilt -- I think I starved him to death.  He needed duck
soup twice a day to supplement his limited intake of dry kibble (due to the
mouth problem, he had a terrible build-up on his teeth I couldn't scale,
which caused some discomfort in eating for the last couple months), and two
mornings this week I forgot to give it to him.  Or, more like, by the time
I realized I hadn't given it to him, it was almost time for his evening
serving.

I know I should have paid more attention, so no flames in my time of
sorrow, please.  I feel terrible and I blame myself.

I don't know how I'll ever get along without him.

RIP Sidney 1/24/92 - 11/17/99

Amy, Dave, Sarah & Paul (and their gaggle of weeping ferrets)
RIP Ian, Elektra and Claudia