Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:12:56 +0200
Hello all FML'ers!
Well, the Scuds didn't get me and I'm back here in one piece.  I saw some
adds from People wondering if Ferreting is legal in the states and if it
isn't, wondering why, and I thought of saying my 0.02$ here.

Hunting is a sport that involve murdering animals...............from any
point you look at it there isn't any justification for the kill of this
animal, and that comes for you from a person that used to hunt for a long
time.  Because it isn't necessary to kill the animal (you just want to)
someone has to make sure the animal has a fair chance not to be hunted.

There is no problem to come equipped with machine-guns and slaughter a herd
of Rain Dears in 2 min but its just isn't allowed for one reason..  the
animal must have a decent chance to survive.  Thats why for example in
Israel you are only allowed to hunt with a shot gun, no long range guns and
if you wanna kill an animal you better come close to it, look it in the eyes
and pull the trigger, wild boars hunting never been so scary.

When a scared little Wabbit sit in a borrow and you insert a Ferret in one
end and block the other ends with nests the Wabbit doesn't have any chance,
he's all ready considered dead and can think what good sauce will accompany
him on the plate and does he like Brokly or mashed Potatoes.

That's a good reason not to hunt with ferrets, and if that isn't, how about
loosing your ferret in that hole in the ground.  you think you are clever
enough to find him...... how about putting your little cute fuzzy in a
wabbit hole that is now occupied with a 5 feet Viper?  Scorpion?  Spider?
you name it.....i'll never put my fuzzies in a Wabbit hole just from being
afraid what's in there.

last but not least, BOB C, if you read this can you back me up if I'll say
that Rabbits have killed Ferrets before?  I know they did and even if its
quite rare it can happen to you.

To end this sub. enjoy your little fuzzies and buy your meat at the
butcher's shop.

bye
Yaniv Rottenberg

[Moderator's note: This is another close call and I decided the background
information was to indicate the intent of any supposed laws.  Please keep
be included if necessary, but let's not start a debate about the good and
bad about hunting in general, please!  BIG]