From:
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 17:17:12 -0500
There was a fire at a pet store near Pittsburgh (McKees Rocks) and most of
the animals died from the smoke.  One of the ones who survived was a ferret
named "Clock" (because he had a few ticks when he came in)!  It's so sad
about the other creatures (mostly fish, some reptiles and some kittens, if
I recall correctly), but it's so wonderful Clock survived.  The newspaper
article said he saved his own life by curling up into a ball deep in his
blankets.  Personally, I think he was probably sleeping there all along and
the first he knew about a fire was when the firemen came in to take him
out! :)

Just thought you guys could use an uplifting story.  I don't know where he
is right now (he's rumored to be at the Humane Society), but I'm sure there
are tons of people wanting him. :)

I also thought "Clock" was a great name for a ferret :)

--Barb--