From:
Flemming Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 02:32:15 +0800
>From:    Carolina Arismendi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Natural Sugar (Noni juice) and Soup recipe suggestions???
>
>... Anyway, since it's all natural I was wondering if those natural
>sugars are harmful to ferrets, especially in such a small dosage?  I would
>hate to give him something to try and help him and end up hurting him in
>the long run.  I would appreciate any suggestions and also any comments
>from anyone that has heard anything about Noni juice and ferrets.

I know of a vet that recommended it to a client to help a ferret that was
having problems with his eyes (bilateral cataracts).  He was having to
have eye drops in his eyes to reduce inflammation.  The ferret was in
pain and would often nip.  The eye drops were working, but they were not
something he could have all the time.  So the vet suggested the Noni
juice.  He loves it and gets it in his water daily.  He no longer gets
the eye drops and his owner claims he looks *at* her and no longer "in
her general direction".  He looks brighter and is much happier and no
longer nips (I am assuming his is no longer in discomfort).  I am not
exactly sure of the specifics of doses etc, but certainly can find out if
you are interested further.