From:
Nan and Sandy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 10:05:43 -0500
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Las Vegas is Las Vegas and it would not surprise me if the mob still rules!
Hope someone figures out how to shut down that pet store racket!  My
suggestion is to see if you can get some lawyers on the case and the
attention of the DA.  Not sure if it will work, but worth a try.

Keeping ferrets off of Christmas trees - not easy.  What I do is set the
tree up a few days before with no decorations.  That way, the Ruby cat can
climb it and knock it down (she does this every year), then she will leave
the tree alone (it attacked me!!!!)  SuperSnooper also checks out the tree
and climbs up about half way.  Then I put the breakables at the middle of
the top then the rest are non breakables.  Oh yeah, just before adding the
decorations, tie the tree to the wall or something like that.  The cat is
fascinated with bubble lights and will watch them for a long time (long
cat time).  Both cats and SuperSnooper take off the ornaments.  I am still
finding them all summer.  Nome Dog knocks them off with her tail.

Rev. Sims - keep up your good work.  Those who are offended by his or (His)
word, just skip the post.  There are some post that I skip.  There is no
"law" saying you need to read every post . . .

Dr Williams - you are a valued member of the FML community.  I read every
one of your post.  It would be great if someone who is more ambitious than
I could compile all of Dr William's post into a book or searchable web
site.  I know we can search the archives, however, having access to this
valuable professional advise would be wonderful.

Vets - I have been lucky - praise the Lord - to have access to excellent
vets.  I did patronize a couple of not-so-expert ferret vets, but that was
before I found FML and Pam Troutman.  I did stop using the services of some
horse vets because neither my horse nor I liked the persons.  Nome Dog does
not like the vet who brought out my long time cat/dog vet.  Don't ask me
why, Nome normally likes all people, including vets, but she took a dislike
to this person.  I understand his business has fallen off.  Nome loves Dr
Wardell.  The cats don't like vets period.  Ruby always "goes potty" in the
carrier and Gray Boy drools.  Neither make it fun for the vet!  Two wet
cat!  (Yeah, angora Ruby gets a bath when she gets home, hahahahaha)

Nan and SuperSnooper