From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:01:59 EST
I am reading the neatest animal book.  It has a bizarre name but one
that makes sense only to animal people (especially ferret people).  It's
called, "Enslaved by Ducks".

We often talk about how our ferrets own us, or how we are the slaves to
our ferrets and other pets.  And this is the reason for the title.  A
ferret owner that I'm friends with in Michigan has a brother who wrote
the book.  It's thick so it lasts you a while.  It's like a collection of
stories woven together that take you on a journey about how he and his
wife got to be animal people ... staring with a bunny that they brought
into their house named "Binky".  Other than obstinate parrots, I have no
idea what animals are in store at this point.  At the beginning there is
a table consisting of a long list of "The Characters", which are all
animals.  This book is hilarious.  What's more, I don't know about you
guys, and this might be a personal preference of mine ... but the best
thing about it is that the author is a man.  There are male animal lovers
out there.  Many of them.  But of course "real guys" don't like emails or
writing on the Internet :: rolling the eyes::

So we don't usually get to see hear from them other than through their
wives and significant others.  We don't get to see much of them at
conferences or other events because they are usually the main provider
and can't get off from work.  Sometimes they opt to only send their wives
due to lack of finances, or they opt to send their wives while they stay
home to take care of pets and other responsibilities.  So it was really
nice to get a mans perspective on life with animals.

Anyway, if you like things like this, get this book.  It's quite unique
and a lot of good fun.  I can't put it down but at the same time, I don't
want it to end.

Wolfy
<http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com>