From:
Helen Chuang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 18:30:47 EDT
I just wanted to let everyone know what a wonderful shelter CJ is running.
I spent today there, where I joined other volunteers washing cages, bathing
ferrets, cleaning ears, clipping nails, giving meds, and of course, loving
the ferrets.  CJ and her son Damien (sorry if I spelled that wrong!) really
show that they care for the welfare of these ferrets -- all of the ferrets
(39 when I was there today!) are housed with plenty of room, clean and
comfortable hammocks, sleepsacks and blankets, good food, and treats, and
with special attention for the ailing or older ferrets (they won't adopt
out the ailing ones, but keep the responsibility of their care to the
shelter, which is a very good policy).  It made me so sad to hear that a
lot of these fuzzies are abandoned by their owners because they were
getting old or got cancer.  It made me so angry to hear that one was found
in the streets and another in a dumpster (and in Las Vegas, where I am
ready to die from the heat after being outside for 30 minutes).  I had a
wonderful time helping with the fuzzies and received many fuzzy kisses,
although I must admit, I felt drained after helping for the mere 6 hours I
was there -- it all makes one appreciate the amount of time, love, and
committment that must go into running a rescue and shelter.  True to their
motto, they treat their ferrets like gold!

You have my admiration, CJ and Damien!