From:
Celtic Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:05:53 -0400
Quinn is our new puppy, a beagle/terrier mix.  He is 5 mos old.  Quinn
just loves the ferrets and the mink.  We call his time in front of the
cages dog TV.  Only 1 of the ferrets loves to play with Quinn.

Last night no ferrets or mink were out.

Quinn strolls by the ferret laundry baskets.  Something cages his
attention from the corner of his eye and he startles and jumps.  Quinn
turns toward the laundry basket and yips at it.  He backs up, turns and
runs in a circle around the living room.  He slowly approaches the
laundry basket again, sniffing carefully.

He yips again and gets down and tries to entice his new playmate out.  He
stands back up, drops his nose to the floor and follows the track of a
ferret or mink scent to another laundry basket.  Again he yips and puts
his head between the laundry baskets looking for a ferret or mink.

He continues to repeat his behavior with each laundry basket.  Finally
he again follows the scent of some ferret or mink to under the couch and
finally gives up.  No one is going to come out and play with him.

He finally settles for a chew bone, a few more plaintiff nips for someone
to come out to play with him.  He finally goes to sleep.

KG