From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 11:17:16 PDT
Re: Ferret Movie Stars
> Which one was Kodo and which was was Podo?

To quote Dar, last of the Emerites, "This one's Kodo. This one's Podo."
(I watch too many late night movies......)

Other ferret sightings....
There was a ferret masquerading as a mongoose on the Adventures of Sherlock
Holmes. I forget the name of the episode - it had a man who came back from
India who looked like a beggar and was carrying around a wicker basket that
had the "mongoose" in it. The dye job on the ferret was pretty bad!

Re: Sick Ferret?

Nibbles may be thinner because she was pouting and not eating that much while
you were gone. Our oldest, Squirt, pouted while we were on vacation for a
week in May. He lost weight while we were gone. He and our other fur-kids were
taken care of by my sisters. They came over daily to feed and play with them,
but Squirt did his best imitation of a speed bump much of the time. My one
sister is Squirt's second favorite person and he'd be happy to see her for
a little while and soon he'd be speed bumping again. My husband is his very
special favorite person. Squirt pouted when Mike went on a business trip for
2-3 days, even though I was still home. This pining away for you may be a
factor or the cause, but I'd say talk to your vet to be sure.

Re: Names, food, etc

Sid and Nancy....I laughed....they're "Vicious" right? ;) Names....white/
brown...sable/panda......hmmmmm. How about Pandora for the little girl?
I've always thought Pandora, infamous for her curiosity, is a great name
for a ferret. Going along with the greek theme you could name the boy
something like Hercules, Atlas, Pan, Hermes....that's it! Hermes was the
god of theives and travelers - perfect fit for a ferret!

This makes me think... my husband once referred to the kids' St. Francis of
Assisi names tags as their "St. Christopher tags". I nearly split a gut
laughing...St. Christopher, the patron saint of travelers - what could more
appropriate for ferrets?! There's tons'o stories here about ferrets taking
a bit of a walk about and so St. Christopher would have his hands full
protecting these guys!

-kim

Kimberly Burkard        |              _
Xerox, Rochester, NY    |       _____C .._. fu-til'i-ty   n. 1. an act having
[log in to unmask] |  ____/     \___/  no useful result  2. herding
[log in to unmask] <____/\_---\_\    ferrets.