From:
Kelly Cameron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 11:46:39 -0700
Hi
I just read the new April/May 2000, Vol 2.2, of the "Exotic Veterinary
Magazine".  In it a company called Wildlife Pharmaceuticals, is asking vets
to fill out a survey on how many adrenal ferrets they see and if they are
interested in a new drug to treat the symptoms of adrenal disease.  They
say they have access to technology to develop an Afordable, long-acting,
injectable GnRH analog that would treat the clinical signs of adrenal
disease for 4-6 months per injection.  (This sounds similar to Lupron).

Maybe we can all encourage our vets to fill out this survey, and hopefully
someday soon we will have a cheaper alternative to Lupron.  I know it is
not a cure, but this is a positive step in the right direction.  More
ferrets would probably get relief from symptoms if we had a cheaper drug to
use than Lupron.  This company wants to know first whether this is worth
their time to develop this product, so lets hope they get lots of response!

Julie