From:
Tanya Grave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:09:26 -0700
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to tell everyone about a show on Animal Planet that was
pro-ferret as domesticated animal companions.  Unfortunately I did not see
the show, but a friend of mine did and told me all about it.  Ironically it
was on this past Saturday afternoon - while I was out collecting signatures
for Ferret Legalization in California.

Here are the details:

My friend John is totally unfamiliar with ferrets and their habits.
Everything and anything he knows is thru me.  Well on Saturday he was
watching Animal Planet's Wild Rescues and there was a segment about
ferrets and the abuse that these animals suffer because people just do
not understand these creatures.  The main focus was on abandonment and
how the animals react to this treatment.  The show said it was cruel that
people abandon them in the wild because they believe they could survive
on their own.  It also talked about how the animal goes thru depression
and separation anxiety and can and will die from such treatment.  It also
explained that ferts were domesticated animals and relied on human
interaction.  I was so bummed that I had missed this show and that John
had not taped it for me : ( (bad Johnny!) Did anyone else see this show?
Does anyone know how to find out what show it was and when it may re-air?

The best part about this show was it made my friend John understand ferrets
more and why it's so important for me to spend time with them and care for
them so diligently.  He also now understands my love for them.  He thought
it was reaIly cool!  How's that for good publicity?  If only we could show
the tape to the legislature in CA - maybe it would convince them that
ferrets should be legal.

Tanya G.
Max, Raider, Peanut, Goose, Unagi & Pikachu - and our foster, Guiness.
Oliver, Randy, Charlie, Ted & Petey (dogs)
and for Snickers (fert) & Simon (dog) who are waiting at the bridge for
us all.