From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2013 00:09:10 -0500
Dear Gordon,

Today Hobbes came to me and asked if I had a chance to read Jeeps
scroll. I told him I had, but that since Jeep was such an active guy,
I just didn't know where to start with his greeting. Everything I
read about him made me giggle, and snort, and snort so much I snorted
Ferretone through my nose.

He loved crushed Pepsi bottles and milk containers, he played with the
fly swatter, the day he let you know of his displeasure at you leaving
him by leaving the remnants of a Tootsie roll in your hallway, and on
your DVD, spilled the gold fish bowl over, and all your insoles of all
your shoes were left in an "unkept" pile, among other things, and all
of this made me love him right away! Then there was the never ending
battle between you keep him from behind your desk, and his tenacious
efforts to get past your attempts.

"Warm lump in the bed, that was my favorite place, and I managed to
get this through to the Bridge as well", said someone.

When I looked around there was Jeep with this huge smile on his
handsome face, and a toilet brush in one paw. Hobbes gave me the stink
eye and asked me what Jeep was doing here without a Greeter in tow, and
all I could do is laugh even more - minus more Ferretone coming out of
my nose that is.

"Have YOU read his scroll Hobbes?", I asked him, "Because if you had,
you would have known Jeep does everything his own way, which makes him
showing up here the perfect was to do his greeting!"

I then went into my cottage and came out with my typewriter in tow. I
sat it on my outdoor table and gestured for Jeep to take a seat. Hobbes
just stomped off grouching the whole way, and Jeep and I had a quite,
but good laugh at his expense. Hobbes has always been and will always
be a grouch, and that's why I love him so much!

And now a word from Jeep.

Dear Dad,

I know that if there was someplace I wanted to be, I'd get there no
matter what, but the one place, the easiest place I got into, and it
didn't take much more then a little effort, was your heart. I tested
your ability at ferret proofing, but what I found is that no matter
what I did, I never tested your patience, you just kept doing your
best to keep me safe, and love me. I've decided that not will not only
continue to test everyone up here, and I will not only do it to keep
everyone on their toes, but I will do it in honor of you!

Do I apologize for driving you crazy? Nope, I won't apologize for all
of the times I made you laugh, and love on me, and spoil me, and for
all of the niffy toys you gave me, even if I "recycled" them into tiny
bits. I also hope that even after I taught you the meaning of the word
"surprise" that I continued to do so, because I know that life was far
more interesting when I was in it, because my life was more then
interesting, it was awesome with you in it.

Oh and by the way, I have to finally tell you, plastic floors are so
much better then carpet, because I could not only war dance, but I
could get a funky sliding motion going with it as well, and as a chucky
fellow I feel that I needed all the funk I could get, so thank you for
that too. (Because that was nicer then saying I HATE CARPET right?)

I love you dad, and I miss you, and I hope that Mukluk keeps you on
your toes! Me, I plan on looking up Pest R. Doodle and Pete and Repete,
and sharing all my best stories of you, and let them give me some new
things to love about you.

I love you, and miss you dad!

Jeep

Afterwards I showed Jeep where the rest of his furry siblings were,
and he is indeed keeping us all on our toes here. I sincerely hope
that when it is your time to come and be with us, that you will do
the very same thing - keep us on our toes and surprise us!

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah