From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 21:25:05 -0500
Ok, I really try not to get involved in stuff like this, but I just
couldn't let this one slide.Concerning Tim Fowler's response to what people
said about the nail clipping post: the things said concerning this had
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH XENOPHOBIA.  I think there would have been a
similar response no matter who made that post, because the simple fact is
(and I know it's been said before): accidents do happen.  You can't condemn
someone, probably a relatively new ferret owner, because of a mistake that
could happen to anyone.  She obviously loves her ferret enough to know she
made a mistake and ask for help-- otherwise what would she be doing here?
To cry personal persecution in a situation like this just doesn't make any
sense.  Not a single post was attacking you directly, just what you said.
You are the one who called yourself an "outsider"; otherwise i don't recall
the term ever being mentioned.  I'm sorry, but from what I've seen people
on this list aren't as concerned with differences between people as you
seem to think they are.

Rachel