From:
Lara Tyminski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 21:01:03 -0600
Hello again,
First, a gentle reminder for anyone who has a ferret that gets litter stuck
on their rear.  Please don't just pull it off, especially if it's been on
there for a while.  Soak a clean soft cloth in warm water and apply it to
the affected area until the litter loosens up.  Have you ever ripped a
piece of your lip off with a cigarette or piece of paper?  OUCH Secondly,
is anyone familiar with the breeder REAL CANADIAN FERRETS?  They're in
Roseile Manitoba Canada?  They were called something else 5 years ago, but
the same address.  I don't know if the owners are the same.  Anyway, both
my store bought boys came from here, but I have noticed in the pet store
that a lot of there kits look 'stupid'.  They hold their heads funny like
they can't see or hear, and they have small eyes.  I don't know, they just
don't look right.  Every time I go to see them at the pet store and I see a
weird one I always point it out to whoever will listen.  I'm just wondering
about breeding problems.  The people at the pet store claim that they
haven't had any complaints, but they only have a health guarantee of maybe
a couple of weeks.  The store is Super Pet in London, near the 401 highway.
I'm just worried about the health of these guys, my first one died at 4 1/2
years of a stomach blockage (huge hairball) but 2 vets said he also had
cardiomyopathy.  The new boy seems fine, if a little bitey, but he does
seem wheezy, and also chokes on water.  anyhow if anyone knows about this
breeder or could check there facilities out , let me know.It's Real
Canadian Ferrets at Box 73, Roseile Manitoba Canada,204-435-2031.  The vet
that does the surgery at 6 weeks is the Morden Veterinary Clinic Inc.  in
Morden manitoba.  They were also certifying when the breeder was under a
dif. name.  ph.204-822-4333

Thanks, I'm just worried about the babies.

Lara