Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:50:51 -0500
>From:    Melissa <[log in to unmask]>
>This videotape shows tame mice, rats, and rabbits being thrown into an
>enclosed tub to be attacked and killed by domesticated ferrets.

And one wonders how PETA got a videotape like that.  Did they
"infiltrate" some bizarre group of people who are "pit fighting" (for
lack of a better term) ferrets?  And if so, what was the purpose?  To
show the world that people can be cruel to animals?  We already know
that.

Was it done as part of a sting operation to stop such pit fights?  If so,
fine, but I don't see the need to market it after the perpetrators have
been punished, unless they are just trying to gross people out and make
some extra money at the same time.

Maybe they did it to show that ferrets are not appropriate pets because
they will kill other animals.  Ferrets are easier to pick on than dogs
or cats, since they are still a bit "exotic" in the minds of most people
(even my vet charges the "exotic" exam fee for ferrets).  PETA would
like to ban the owning of *any* animal as a pet.  But they can't start
with mainstream pets like dogs and cats.  They have to start with other
animals that are a little less well-known and loved.

>I'm sickened beyond belief.  Has anyone seen this video?  I don't know
>if I want to buy it to see what it has on it or not.

I don't know why you would want to subject yourself to it.  It sounds
pointless.  Was there nothing in the further description that indicated
what the purpose was?  I wouldn't fork over any amount of money for a
death video made for who-knows-what reason.  IMO you shouldn't purchase
it (like you hadn't figured that out by now, LOL).  I think it would just
unnecessarily upset you.

Best regards,
Karen
For as long as I shall live, I will testify to Love
I'll be a witness in the silences, when words are not enough
With every breath I take, I will give thanks to God above
For as long as I shall live, I will testify to Love
                                -- Avalon
If you love ferrets, check out:
http://www.ferretwise.org
My personal site: