From:
"Forest Hetland, III" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 20:01:22 EDT
My two new best friends need some help.  Pippin and Merryweather are
two little 10 week old blazes with no hearing.  I'm writing because I'm
having problems training them.  I've talked to a couple of people who
have had deaf ferrets, but most of those who I've talked to have had
hearing ferrest, as well.  The deaf ones just followed the hearing ones
and learned that way.  I didn't find out that my two little sharks were
deaf until about a week after they came home, and could not return them.
I just thought they were either scared or had the attention span measured
in nonoseconds.

What I'm looking for is ideas in addition to what I'm trying, which is,
unfortunatley, showering them with treats.  I've also been trying holding
them to my throat so they can 'feel' my voice, but I've seen little effect
of this method so far.

I'd also like to get the recipe of the duck soup or whatever it's called.

Many thanks.

Forest
"Merryweather started it!"
"Did not"