From:
Jodie Bohlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:36:48 EDT
For some reason my message to [log in to unmask] was returned.  Don't
know what I did wrong, but I'm posting instead.  Hope ya see it!

[Moderator's note: Hotmail was rejecting mail for a bit.  BIG]

Hi!

Here's my thoughts on your questions.  Others may have different ideas.

>Whats the lowdown on Advantage for ferrets ?

Get the Advantage for kittens.  Use 1/2 a tube on each ferret.  You might
want to make the big boy's have a tiny bit bigger, but really, half and
half should be just fine.

>Also how do you keep a ferret from digging in their litter ?

Get them a sandbox to dig in.  Then watch 'em.  If you catch them digging
in the litter, pick 'em up right away and put them in the sand box.  If
they keep doing it after they appear to understand what you want, you could
try hiding and squirting them (gently) with a water bottle or squirt gun.
No super soakers, please. :-)

>And whats the best recomendation you have for ferret litter ?

Without a doubt, Feline Pine is the best I've found.  It doesn't stink or
stick to their furry little butts.  Nor does it stick to their feet and get
stuck all over the carpet.  If they dig it out, it's real easy to vaccuum.
It costs a bit, but you only use a tiny amount in the pan.  The directions
say to use an inch.  I don't even need that much.  Great stuff!  I've heard
others recommend wood pellets, but I don't know where to get that and I
heard it draws flies.

Good luck!
Jodie