Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2008 23:16:44 -0500
It's that time again! The first time I see most of you at the symposium
is when we get together for dinner the night before we begin our
education. This year the shelter benefit dinner will be held at Barb
Carlson's Hide-E-Hole shelter
(http://www.ferret-hide-e-hole.org/). As always, there will be fun and
food - all at no cost to attendees.

For you newbies, plan to arrive in time for dinner on Thursday night,
Nov. 6. Here is a bit of info to bring you up to date.

WHO? You. All attendees and shelter volunteers are invited to attend.
Yes, you can bring your date/spouse.

WHAT? A free meal and lots of comraderie with some entertainment thrown
in. Everyone also gets one doorprize ticket. And, everyone usually gets
a doorprize (must be present to win)! AND, DESSERT!

WHEN? Thursday, Nov. 6 from about 4:00 to about 9:00. (I will be there
earlier doing the cooking and we will feed people until the food runs
out! For late arrivals, we prepare a plate for you, too. Just let us
know you are coming!)

WHERE? Hide-E-Hole Ferret Rescue. Directions to follow and will also be
available at the hotel.

WHY? To raise money for ferret shelters. Donations are accepted and
encouraged.

HOW? People donate wonderful doorprizes for this event - really! (And,
we don't ever turn them down unless they are nutritionally unsound.)
And, the food is provided by an anonymous donor.

No money? No problem. There is NO CHARGE - really.

No ride? No problem. We can give you a ride from the hotel or the
airport.

No meat? No problem. There are VEGAN options available.

No ferrets? No problem. There are plenty up for adoption at the
Hide-E-Hole.

So, for those of you who are making travel plans, don't forget to allow
time for dinner. The menu is reminiscent of our very first in Las
Vegas, NM. That is when Judy Cooke declared her love for those little
round, sugary things. [Las Vegas, NM is a great town, but this was Las
Vegas, NV. ;-) BIG]

Please let me know if you are planning to attend so we can be sure
there is enough food. And, as always, specify if you are a carnivore or
vegan. If you have other special dietary needs, let me know that, too.

Oh, if we have karaoke or a talent show, will you participate? Let me
know of your special talent and if you will share it! Thanks!

See ya in Pittsburgh!

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we