From:
Jennifer Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:21:32 -0500
Just to let everyone know...I currently have 5 ferrets, 3 leopard geckos,
and lotsa fish.  Now, in my opinion..this just isn't enough.  :-) Being the
biggest animal lover out there (so I think) I would not think twice about
taking in and helping as many animals as possible.  BUT....it seems my
fellow friends, relatives, etc.  harp on me about "having so many animals"
and "you don't need any more".  I hear more sh!@t if I even mention getting
any more animals than what I currently have.  Now keep in mind that my pets
(especially the ferrets) get more attention than anything or anyone.  They
do not go unloved by any means (I always have at least one in my arms at
home)and they even have their own room.  Who remembers Ace Ventura (the
first one) when he opens the door to his apartment and there's like 50
million pets running around?  Personally, I'd be in heaven!!!  Back to my
question...I live alone (well, not counting the animals!) and am in the
position to love 2 more ferrets and 2 guinea pigs, so:

a.) If it's my house and if it's "my money I'm wasting on all that
    food, supplies, etc." (that's what they say), then what's the
    problem-why should they care???
    Personally, I think my "peoples" are jealous..  :-) and..

b.) Does anybody else out there catch hell about how many pets they have
    or am I the only one?  How do you guys get away with 10,15,20 pets
    and not hear grief?  Let me in on the secret.

I would like to hear from Della and the Tumblweeds (got any ferret stuff?)
and Judith Moon and all of your exotics :-) as well as everyone else with
this "human problem".

Hugs and Fuzzies to all!
Jen (I don't care what you say-I'm getting them!)
Geech, Skeeter, Snickers, Bodie and Breezy (Awww, Mom, we need one more
friend-at least!)
The Infamous Leopard Geckos (not another one-WE should've tried out for
the Budweiser ads!)
The Fish (yeah, but then you'd still have to work with a ferret!)