From:
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:15:53 -0700
>From:    Aimee Montalbano <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: albino genetics

Hmmm...  Thought that discussion was on the other mail list.

Problems are going to come from the fact that folks won't always have the
same color sense.  Just looked at a list of ferrets for the Flemings.  They
sent pictures of all that they called chocolates.  Problem was we think
only one of those might have been what we would call a chocolate.

Wait til you try to start deciphering the Waardensburg pattens.  <chortle>

>From:    brender <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: genetics

Behavior seems to be at least partially hereditary from our observations.
"Wilder" mothers have "wilder" off-spring but that is not to be confused
with undomesticated.

>From:    Thor Vidar Tangeland <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Mink food?
>I wondered if anyone have used Mink food for their ferrets.

Ferrets seem to do pretty well on mink food here in the US but they do seem
to prefer cat or ferret food.  They switch away from mink food real fast
and don't seem to go back once they've switched.  But that is US mink food.
Your situation in Norway might make this a better option than it is over
here.

Be sure to carefully watch the ferrets teeth.  Cleaning seems to be more
of a problem on the softer fishier mink food.  The mink food doesn't smell
very good (people's sense of smell we're talking there)

>From:    Kim Conner <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: new member question

Because of special circumstances we are working to arrange a somewhat large
scale transport of shelter ferrets.  Most will be going west from Virginia.
What we might be heading toward could be flights of groups of ferrets to
central locations where they then get volunteer pickup and seperation.
Than what ever ground transport can be arranged.  If other arrangements
end up working out that would be fine too.

Arizona, Missouri, New Mexico, South Carolina and Tennessee are the most
likely destinations so far.  Nothing yet is firm but we've gotten some
good offers.  Maybe we can arrange something toward Louisiana.

The ferrets we are trying to place are our shelter ferrets.  They come
from a breeder that saw dolars coming in and quit when the reality of
dollars going out set in.  Mostly fairly young well patterned very dark
sables.  We do have a few of our own that we can add for some variety but
as we normally place our own easily this wouldn't be young strapping kits
and not too many.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/