Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:51:12 -0800
Hi all, not to beat a dead horse ( I know we had a ferrets and dogs
discussion recently), but does anyone have any experience with chihuahuas
and ferrets?  We had planned to get a papillon - which I had researched
enough to know they shouldn't be much of a threat.  But, just saw at our
local humane society there was a papillon/chihuahua mix.  I haven't been
able to find any info to see if chihuahuas have any hunting instinct.
In addition I had originally planned to get a puppy from a breeder so
it could grow up with the ferrets and this rescue is "young" but not
"puppy".  I know dogs are very individual but any background info on
chihuahua behavior or interaction with ferrets would be appreciated.

Thanks all,
Brandy,
Bond "my hair is growing back thanks to melatonin!" and
Jones "can't wait to get a puppy to play with!"