From:
Darlene Herauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:57:40 EST
Well, my problem child is at it again.  Tink is having a sleep-over at our
vet's house.

I pretreated at home "just in case".  She was due for both shots but I only
wanted one in case something happened.  I'm glad I did.  Sure enough,
within a couple of minutes she started staggering.  The vet gave Benadryl
and something else.  Sorry, but I didn't catch what the "something else"
was.  Then gave sub-q.  She started vomiting, yet another needle.  I've
never heard Tink scream before but that was much better than the
alternative (unconscious and not breathing).  She was a little better
after that, but our doctor wanted to take her home to monitor.  She'll be
able to come home in the morning if everything's ok.

I really have to give a plug for our vet.  She's wonderful with all of our
babies (ferts and cats).  She really goes the extra mile.  I had absolutely
no qualms about sending Tink home with her.  And I love the bite scars on
her hands.  hehe   Anyway, her name is Dr. Van Beur and she's with North
Brady Animal Hospital in Davenport, IA.  If any of you are in the area, I
highly recommend her for your fuzzies.

Give a little extra prayer for Tink.  And extra hugs to your babies.
Darlene