From:
Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 06:18:37 -0500
Hi, all.

Moxie's post about the ferret emergency stickers plus the posts about the
earthquake reminded me that my family hadn't had an emergency drill for
awhile.  We'll be having one very soon, but I also thought I'd remind all
of you that it's a good idea to plan ahead.  I have a couple of different
escape routes planned out, and I try to plan routes that will allow us to
get the ferrets out as well as ourselves.  Of course, in an actual
emergency, those plans might have to change, so it's definitely a good
idea to have stickers like the one Moxie posted about, alerting emergency
personnel to the presence of your pets (as well as small children, if that
applies in your household).  Be sure your entire family knows each possible
escape route, as well as where to meet once outside the house if you become
separated during the escape.  Once you have your escape route planned and
your family knows where the routes are and what to do, hold a drill to
practice getting out of the house safely.  Being prepared for an emergency
could be the key to saving your family's lives someday...both the
two-legged and four-legged members!

Hope all you Americans out there have a happy 4th!

Dooks,
Lisa
Mom of Zorro, Claudia, Loki, Fezzik, and Crysin
"Life IS pain...anyone who says differently is
selling something."
                  --The Dread Pirate Roberts
                    (Westley version)
                    The Princess Bride