From:
Linda Decelles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:15:44 -0600
My son, Norman, has 3 ferrets.  Nail trimming has been interesting and
challengng until we discovered how much they like nutrimalt (seems to
have eliminated and ichy, dry skin problems the 3 occasionally had) and
petromalt (for reducing the chances of hair balls).  They would probably
eat the whole tube if we let them.  But, their love for this stuff makes
them an easy captive no matter how rambunctious they are feeling and no
matter how much they might dislike having their nails trimmed.The method
takes 2 people.  One person holds the tube of delicious stuff, barely
letting it come out of the tube (the ferret really has to concentrate and
work at it.  The other one holds them and cuts their nails - no restraining
really needed.  The biggest chore becomes holding the other 2 off, once
they know what is going on.  After nails get done the 3 (Baby, Sassy and
Frisky) usually have a good romp with each other and us.  Hope you find
that this works well for you to.

Linda